on our App! DOWNLOAD
You can expect the artists to apply shortly. Please check applications in a while.
Archna graduated from the prestigious National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi and has been associated with design and its intricacies for close to two decades. She has been teaching design as a guest faculty at NIFT, New Delhi & Pearl Academy since early 2006.
Archna's foray into the world of photography began in 2006 assisting Delhi based acclaimed photographer Akhil Bakhshi. Working behind the lens was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it encouraged her to actually start playing with the camera. Self-learning and experimentation have brought her to where she stands today. Her journey has been one of inner discovery and has unerringly led to her combine her passion for photography with her deep love of wildlife.
Backed by a strong design background, she has been actively involved in designing and publishing books, calendars, walks, events & exhibitions on wildlife for the last few years under her trademark “Orah Wildlife”.
Her wildlife images have been published in the National Geographic, BBC wildlife Magazine (UK), Sanctuary Asia, Wildlife Saevus magazine, Times UK & various publications across the UK. Her image titled "Muscle Power" earned an honorable mention in the "National Geographic Photographer of the Year 2014 contest. The same picture has currently made it to the top ten finalists of the prestigious Smithsonian 13th Annual awards - the results are awaited.
Exhibitions & Shows:
1. Beauty In The Beast – An audio-visual show to raise awareness about our wildlife, at the Gulmohar, India Habitat Centre, March 2012.
2. World Wildlife Week - Exclusive display of wildlife in Africa & India at the DOD Foyer, India Habitat Centre, 1st Oct- 31st Oct 2012.
3. On Higher Ground – First solo exhibition on wildlife in Africa & India, at the Visuals Art Gallery, 27th Oct-1st Nov 2012.
4. Romanticists – A group exhibition of eight artists from different genres – portraying emotions and subtle moments captured in the wild Africa, at Galerie Romain Rolland, Alliance Francaise, New Delhi, March 9th-11th 2013
5. On Higher Ground – A solo exhibition on wildlife in Africa & India, at the Kriti Art Gallery, 15th Dec - 18th January 2014
Fashion, Landscape, Wildlife, Event, Photojournalism, Family Function, Travel, Wedding, Commercial
Anywhere In India
Photographing India's got Talent semi-finalists and gurukal trained yoga teachers along with making two promotional films for their school
An extensive shoot of Bella Madonna's top stylists doing a hair transformation, along with a promotional film about the same.
A forest government initiative to launch a coffee table book on the forests of Maharashtra. My role was to design and showcase several photographers images, along with mine. The book will be launched on the 7th October, 2016 by the CM of Maharashtra on the occasion of World Wildlife Day.
A privately commissioned book on wildlife - from photographs to designing the coffee table book and printing it.
Photographing DLF malls, cinemas and homes with models to be incorporated into their annual report
A promotional film on Bandhav Vilas, and the jungles of Bandhavgarh for the promotion of Mr Dushyant Singh's hotel "Bandhavvilas" in Bandhavgarh.
Add the tags that best define your skills and experience. Relevant tags will help the recruiters search and find your profile easily.